A truly authentic Māori experience
Find your Personal Kiwi Cultural Connection with Tu Tika Tours
This 3.5 hour tour (9.00am to 12.30pm) is an intimate and spiritual experience that only few people will have the opportunity to embrace. Embark on a journey of a lifetime and experience tangata whenua and the genuine hospitality and local knowledge from your resident Māori hosts.
This tour is unique and different as it is a private and exclusive cultural experience that inspires, informs, and entertains. Your Kiwi Cultural Connection Tour will awaken your senses as you will find so many new things to see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
Your friendly hosts, husband and wife Mervyn and Rangimarie Harding, can’t wait to welcome you to their home in New Zealand’s most northern city, Whangārei. This will be the most inspiring Māori experience you will have in Aotearoa, New Zealand, immersing your mind, body and soul on your journey of discovery.
Key activities and highlights of your Māori Experience
- Whakatau – an informal welcoming ceremony that connects us for the start of our journey together.
- Experience the wonders of our home as we enter our most culturally significant sights that share majestical waterfalls, some of our living ancestors the Kauri and magical flora & fauna that surround our ancient Māori Pa sites.
- Feel our stories come to life through our amazing storyteller, Māori Merv.
- Participate in an easy and fun Māori song that will help you learn and pronounce Māori words.
- Learn some basic Māori language that will set you up for meeting and greeting others.
- Weave a traditional flower from native flax and learn why this was our most valuable natural resource.
- Shared lunch of Kiwi Kai – You are with the locals, you will experience the best Whangārei has to offer with some of our Kiwi favourites – fish ‘n chips.
- Whakawātea – An Informal farewell ceremony to reaffirm connections made and clear the pathway forward.
- All meals and beverages are included.
- The perfect experience for an onshore excursion
- Courtesy pick up and drop off in Whangārei city
- Private, unique and exclusive, just for you.
Kiwi Cultural Connection Tour Pricing
$350 NZD per person
(minimum of 2 and maximum of 5)
INFANT (up to 3yrs)